I’ve been writing on this blog for just under a year, and since the start I kept some pretty basic goals:
1) Get a photo blog up and running
2) Write a few posts each week
3) Include a photo with every post, taken by myself
4) Open an online shop despite how unsuccessful I worry it might be
I think I can say I’ve met those goals, except for a few occasions where travel or a busy schedule has limited my writing, and I’m pretty content with where things stand. But, that’s the problem–I don’t do well with “content.” So that means I need to set new goals. Ultimately this is about sharing, learning, laughing and my love for photography, but a few more specific goals are:
1) Reach 10,000 hits/views in half the time it took me to reach 5,700. That means I’m targeting 10k by…oh we’ll say May 1. To do this, I need to commit to writing more, which shouldn’t be hard because those who know me well know I can talk for days.
2) Expand my photography knowledge in the area of night photography/shutter speed and people photography
3) Commit to photographing friends, family – ANYBODY – now that I’ve just purchased a backdrop and some umbrella lights (which I’ve not even seen or assembled yet! *excited*) I’m also very excited to take some engagement photos for my friends Jill & Luke in a couple of weeks, and I’ll be sure to share those.
I think these are some pretty doable goals, so I just need to make time to do them. That’s my problem. I tend to put off the things I enjoy most for last. It seems backwards, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn’t be doing something fun unless all the daily “chores” are done. I think 2011 should be more about managing my time better and putting the things I enjoy first, and that’s not just applicable to photography.
We’ll see how all this goes and I look forward to another year of laughs on Photo Salsa, especially from the comments I receive from all of you.